Monday, September 17, 2012

Village life

Things have been moving along.  I fall more and more in love with my community as the days pass, that doesn’t meant that all days are perfect (I wish that was the case) but I thought I would just share some of these photos with you.
washing my blankets at the bore hole



fetching water


Lastone building a house


getting ready to remove the maize from the cob

The football team I brought to our HIV/AIDS tournament

The netball team I brought to our HIV/AIDS tournament (the eventual champions!)

1 comment:

  1. Ellen,

    Thanks for sharing these blog posts! It must have been awesome to have Amy and your mom visit. Your pics look fantastic from your adventures together.

    It's really great to see pictures of your daily life and the video and photos of the festival! All the things you are witnessing and experiencing will stick with you for the rest of your life. It's funny to see you write things about having to stop, and think for a moment "Wow, I'm in Africa- WOW I get to do this...this..and that." It seems so second nature to you at this point in your journey, but you truly are doing things that not every "first world" inhabitant will get to do in their lifetime. I'm so glad you are soaking it all in and sharing with us back home.

    What I love most about your post is that it is a reminder to all of us- no matter where we are to pause and take a moment to drink in the now- to live in the moment focusing on all that we are grateful for.

    I LOVE YOU!

    Hope you are healthy and happy!

    <3 Marissa

    ReplyDelete